Theresa Marie Rhyne
Candidate for Director-at-Large
- 1981 - MS Infrastructure Planning & Management, Civil Engineering, Stanford University.
- 1979 - Engineer, Geotechnical Engineering, Stanford University.
- 1977 - MS Structural Engineering, Stanford University.
- 1976 - BS Civil Engineering, Stanford University.
Scientific visualization, fine and performing arts (traditional and computer based),
education, technology transfer, networking; collaborative computing, Internet & WWW tools,
computer graphics applications, Integrating computer graphics with other disciplines,
improvisation, being a full time person.
As a Director at Large, I intend to actively examine and implement ways for ACM/SIGGRAPH
to integrate computer graphics with its application areas and supporting technologies.
This includes fostering:
In other words, my plan is to be slightly fearless and recklessly precise to gain tomorrow
and still reach back for yesterday.
- Interactive media and World Wide Web guidelines for technology transfer.
- Expansion of applications tracks in both the technical and artistic sections of the annual
- Collaboration with networking and telecommunications colleagues and professional
organizations to understand the inter-relationship between computer graphics and the
- Looking beyond desktop computing to consider the role of computer graphics in mobile
and wireless computing.
- 1993-present - Lead and Senior Scientific Visualization Researcher, Lockheed Martin Technical Services - U.S. EPA Scientific Visualization Center
- 1990-1992 - Technical Leader, Unisys Corporation - U.S. EPA Sci. Vis Ctr
- 1987-1989 - Senior Systems Analyst, Unisys - EPA / RTP Info. Ctr
- 1985-1987 - Consultant, Computer Graphics & University Computing
- 1981-1985 - Budget & Planning Officer, Ctr. for Info. Technology, Stanford University
- Practicing fine artist in the areas of computer graphics and collage.
- work exhibited in over thirty exhibits; active computer graphics and animation educator.
- instructor for the North Carolina Museum of Art and the Art Department at Meredith College (Raleigh, North Carolina).
- visiting artist in the Wake County (North Carolina) school system; member of National Art Education Association (NAEA).
- presenter at the NAEA Annual Convention ('88, '89, '94).
- member of IEEE Visualization '93-'96 conference committees and AVS '93-'95 program committee.
- Director-International Environmental Visualization Exposition '93-'95.
ACM or SIGGRAPH Activities
- SIGGRAPH 96 Panels Chair
- SIGGRAPH 95 panels committee member
- Organizer/speaker for panels and courses presented at SIGGRAPH 93, 94 & 95
- Organizer for INTERACTIVE PLANET EARTH exhibit in SIGGRAPH 95 Interactive Communities Program; Contributor to SIGGRAPH 93 Small Animation Theater
- Contributor to SIGGRAPH 91 & 92 Slide Sets; Participant in the SIGGRAPH "Future Search" conference in Snowbird, 1994
- Contributor to the ACM/SIGGRAPH 91 & 92 editions of the Computer Graphics
- Career Handbook - "Portrait of a Computer Artist," ACM/SIGGRAPH Educator's Grant, 1987
- 1981 - Stanford University - School of Engineering Distinguished Service Award for contributions to academic advising and service on student - faculty committees
- 1986-87 - President of the Council for the Arts of Palo Alto and the Midpeninsula Area (California)
- 1994 - Keynote presentation - Eurographics 94
- 1994 - Martin Marietta Team Award & Lightning Awards International Environmental Visualization Exposition
- 1995 - Invited Speaker - Interface 95.
Electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1996 ACM SIGGRAPH Election Information
ACM SIGGRAPH General Information